Help, Ifell like I'm going in the wrong direction!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jerry*young, Jun 2, 2003.

1. jerry*young

jerry*young Auditioning

Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this i recently picked up a RCA HDTV model #D52W20 for a good bargain I thought. I wished that I knew of this forum a long time ago. I used a old recevier A SONY Model # STRDE835 along with the Bose AMS 10 series 2.
    In which i found out today that my speakers where never any good to being with.Very over priced for the quality of the speakers. In which i plan to get rid of them here very soon . I just don't know what is really the best for the price out there. so can you all please HELP ME. I plan on updateing the receiver as well. BUT with what to go along with my HDTV. I just want to do this all right this time . I use a Samsung DVD Model # DVD-S221. I use componet cabel's made by A/R. I just need some Help!!!! I feel like I'm going in the wrong direction about thing's!!!!

Thank you

Jerry [​IMG]

2. Paul Seyfarth

Paul Seyfarth Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about the hdtv, but you might want to check the infocus x1 if you can go with front projection. I just got mine a week ago, and love it.

Now for speakers what kind of price range are you looking in? You might want to look at Polk LSi series( what I ended up getting), or Paradigm studio series, both are great speakers. You should ask about each part of your upgrade at that part of the forum.

3. Christop_Holmes

Christop_Holmes Stunt Coordinator

Well if your willing to spend 1000 dollars on speakers and a nice dvd player look at this sony set- Sony Style For recievers look at- the Yamaha 450

4. Matt Everett

Matt Everett Stunt Coordinator

I'm a big fan of the Phase Technology Teatro 4.5 speaker. I bought two for $180 (which may be less than you can find them for) and I've seen posts of others buying them for about $220. I use them all around with Teatro 6.5 for the center channel.

They have great imaging, warm (but pleasing) midrange, and good bass for their size. You will want a sub eventually. My only warning is they are pretty easily affected by placement. 22 inches from the wall seems to be enough space to keep blottiness out of their sound.

I'm sure there are better speakers out there, but I doubt in this price range. They are rated at 8 Ohms which make them easy to use with my "consumer" grade Yamaha receiver.

I've always felt that speakers are the most subjective element of any system, so definitely use your own judgment.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you find what works best for you!

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Hi Jerry,

All this is a lot to take in all at once. I can understand while you're overwhelmed! Start with the FAQ

Welcome to HTF [​IMG]

--
    Holadem