Help identify this movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Gabe D, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

I recently watched a movie where a character rented a unit from a storage facility and asked the manager-type person if he (or she) could live in it. I don't remember whether they were allowed to or not, but I'm thinking yes.

My memory of this is so vague (like a fleeting dream, or deja vu) that it may have actually been in a book, and not a movie.

Anyway, if you have any idea what I could be talking about, I'd appreciate it. (I feel like the answer is right on the tip of my brain, and it's driving me nuts.)

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

They used that concept in the very recent film Monster. Is it possible that is what you're thinking of?

3. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Haven't seen it yet, so I don't think so. Thanks, though.

4. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

The Simpon's did this with Side-Show Bob, but I doubt this is what you're looking for.

5. Joseph Grieco

Joseph Grieco Auditioning

Punch Drunk Love?

Doesn't Sandler's character live in a storage unit?

6. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Scott! That's it!!

Wow, I never would have realized that's what it was. I was thinking of something with a kind of Grapes of Wrath vibe, but it was "The Simpsons"! Unbelievable!

I hardly slept last night because I was obsessing on this. (FYI, I was watching House of Sand and Fog last night, and there's a part with a storage unit. It reminded me of the scene I tried to describe above, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.)

Silly as it is, this is a load off my mind. Thanks a million, Scott. Thanks to Alex and Joseph, too.

(Wow, the HTF solved my mystery in just over 45 minutes. This place is awesome.)

7. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Joseph, I thought of Punch Drunk Love for a second as well, but remember that Adam Sandler works out of an office in a storage unit, while he lives in a regular apartment (remember the scene in his apartment where he makes the phone sex call that becomes the root of that whole plot line).

Good news that Gabe's mystery was solved so quickly! [​IMG]