What's new

Help identify my crimper (1 Viewer)

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this crimper on Ebay. The seller claims it's a Paladin 1300. But I've compare it with the Paladin 1300 image and it doesn't look like it. It looks closer to the Canare TC-1 crimper to me.

So any of you who owns either one can tell me which crimper this is so I can buy the proper die for it.

There's 1 die that came with the crimper and the engraving underneath the die says R-5703.

Thanks
Link

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
There must be someone here that knows something about this crimper tool. I know there's a lot of Paladin and Canare crimper tool users here. Can you look at the picture and at least tell me if its not the Paladin or not the Canare?
Thanks

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I have a Paladin 8000 that it somewhat resembles, but definitely not an exact match. I don't think it's a 1300 because the 1300 doesn't ratchet, does it? Paladin dies have all of the measurments of each crimp engraved on them, so i'm pretty sure the die in it isn't paladin. If you can measure the size of the crimps in the die w/ a caliper you could see if their the right size for your project. Just eyeballing it the C looks like .324" (the correct size for the bottom boot on canare 5CFB cables), the B looks like .255", and I really can't tell the size of the A crimp but it might be the correct size for a center pin crimp, around .05".

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
How do you measure B and C? Is it from side to side or the width of one side?

So you are saying it's neither a Paladin 8000 nor 1300?
Could it be a Canare TC-1?

BTW, I plan on doing the Belden 1694A coax with Canare RCAP Plugs.

Thanks

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
It looks like the propper RCAP plugs for 1694A is the RCAP-C53. It looks like the proper canare die for this cable/plug combo is the TCD-35CA. Best i can tell, however, is the crimp sizes should be about the same as w/ 5CFB... the outer boot crimp should somewhere between .315" and .324" (either extreminty should work) and the inner pin crimp around .052".

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I had the tool shop measured it. A = .082, B = .322, C = .3625.

Looks like A is a little too big.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
B should be fine for the outer boot crimp, but you'll have to use something else for the inner pin. A cheapo $5 striper/crimper should do the job.

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I have an elcheapo Home Depot Stripper/Crimper but I don't see how it can crimp the center pin. Is there a particular stripper/crimper I should be looking for? I thought the center pin crimp is one of the most important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks