Help Identify Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Christopher B, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Christopher B

Christopher B Stunt Coordinator

Hello,
    I was much younger when I saw this movie, and I can only remember bits and pieces of it, but it has been driving me crazy trying to find out the name. It was in color and was maybe from the 60-70s?
    The main thing I remember from the movie was that it was like a big dome was put around the city. I think the people try to get out and run into the invisible wall. I think there was a Twilight Zone like that, but this was definately a movie. There are only a few people left, and there may be a carnival or something in it. I remember a guy going into some sort of little building or something and all these weird images going by in his mind. They looked like images of masks or something.
    Sorry I can't remember more, and that these memories are so incomplete.

2. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Parts of your description sounds like Logan's Run but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

3. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

Sounds like Logan's Run to me. I think Christopher is confusing "carnival" with the film's "Carousel" ritual.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Yes, looks like he's describing Logan's Run. Remember any men wearing black-and-grey, form-fitting suits? Remember Michael York? Nudity? A robot?

5. Peter Winton

Peter Winton Auditioning

My gut reation was also Logan's Run

6. Haggai

Haggai Producer

LOL, Jack. I guess a young boy might be more likely to remember Farrah Fawcett, although her role in it isn't very big.

7. Paul Padilla

Paul Padilla Supporting Actor

Gotta be Logan's Run. The weird images must be the brain scan they did to him grilling him about Sanctuary. It had a short lived TV series too. There has also been a remake in the works but I think it's in pre-production hell.

When I was growing up in New Mexico there was a UHF station that played it here and there and the voice over always said, "Starring Michael York and Farrah Fawcett." If you ask me, Jenny Argutter (Jessica 6) was much hotter...probably still is.

8. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Sounds like this was "The Bubble", also known as "Fantastic Invasion Of Planet Earth" or "The Zoo". It was in 3-D, I have a field-sequential VHS tape of it.

9. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    I'm with Jesse, it has to be Arch Obler's THE BUBBLE, a.k.a. FANTASTIC INVASION OF PLANET EARTH (1966). I remember it getting some pretty heavy play on local TV in the late 1970s. The "dome" in question was a transparent force-field type thing, covering a normal, rural-type small town (similar to what happens in the 1960 British version of VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED), that had a little rinky-dink carnival set up in part of it. The weird images the guy sees inside the building were primarily cheap rubber monster masks emerging from the darkness. This was a very low-budget film, after all.

10. Christopher B

Christopher B Stunt Coordinator

Jesse and Peter,
    YES!!!!!!!
    That is the movie! Very low budget. I remember the cheap rubber masks going by his face. I didn't know who Arch Obler was back then, but I have listened to quite a few Lights Out episodes since then.

I knew somebody here would know what I was talking about.

Thanks guys

It has been so long since I have seen Logan's Run, I knew that this wasn't that movie but it does make me want to take a look at it again.