What's new

Help, I need to Sell this New Processor! (1 Viewer)

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
SOLD
Edit: Removed the picture, before my simple isp kills me with these 600+ views.
I have a brand new sealed B&K Reference 50 Processor available.
This carries a msrp tag of $3100. in silver.
All the information can be found on the B&K web page.
This includes the B&K 10.1 Remote, The same as the MX-700 remote!
http://www.bkcomp.com/ProductsMainFr.html
Now you may ask why I need to sell this? Here’s the long story.
Back in September 2002 just prior to CEDIA I placed an order for two of these from my authorized B&K dealer.
One was for myself and one for another person.
I personally wanted the silver, But after waiting nearly two months and only a few pre-reserved black Ref50’s arriving,
I decided to go with black. Since it’s arrival, I have been in total love with the flexibility of this Ref and the setup software suite is fantastic. Check my post history for further details both here and under diode1 at AVS. Early last week on the 12th my silver Ref50 arrived. I paid for it, then found out that the person the second ordered was for is now unable to complete the purchase.
They just suffered an unexpected home repair. I’m sure my dealer would take it back if I asked, But I hounded this poor man for along time over this Ref50. The day after receiving this Ref50 and realizing my situation I spoke with B&K, They have assurance me that anyone that purchases this Ref50 will get 100% factory warranty, I will supply the buyer with the original sales receipt. Realistically B&K will support all their products for their customers that have the original receipt from an authorized dealer. My personal Ref50 has been in the audio rack now for some time, I’d rather not have to remove it, and replace it with the silver, as then I would have been stuck trying to sell a open box slightly used black ref50.
I was even contemplating keeping both and retiring my Denon 5700 that I purchased from AVS for our second system.
I feel this move would just be an over kill move.
If your interested in the purchase of this, please send me an PM, if you include your phone number I will even call you back.
I have flawless feedback at both Audiogon & Ebay.
I’m a master trader with HTF, I have been here at AVS for several years.
Online payment such as paypal could possibly be arranged with your flexibility, I have 185+ paypal transactions.
Other wise the normal means of payments will be accepted and would need to clear prior to shipping.
I plan to double box this to further protect it while in transit.
Only the one B&K Ref50 in silver is available.
These silver Ref50's are a hard find now at any discounted price.
Thanks for your time.

Brad Wood

Stunt Coordinator
Jerry,
If you still have this item after the holidays, let me know. I'm in the process of selling my existing pre-amp and some pro gear to upgrade to this very unit, silver face and all. You wouldn't happen to need a couple of Audio Technica large diaphragm studio mics,would you?

Brad Woodhouse
Edina, MN

Brad Wood

Stunt Coordinator
Vince,
First, so as not to offend the HT Forum gods, I know this doesn't really relate, but it does in an oblique way since I have to sell these to afford my newest upgrade. Damn this addiction!

So anyway, Vince, I have two AT4050 large diaphragm, pattern switchable condenser mics, with shock mounts, $500 each shipped, $950 if you buy both. Only used a few times. Interested?

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Brad,
I sent you a PM
I have no use for those mics.
This is the holiday season, budgets are tight.
Anyone that is willing to place a hold down payment
for a short period, drop me an email, maybe we can work something out that will fit your needs.

Michael_Hml

Stunt Coordinator
Jerry,

You should check with your dealer - he may be happy to take it back if he's got other orders that still haven't been filled. Who knows, it might make a great holiday surprise for the next person on his list to find out that a Ref50 has just come available before Christmas.

-Mike

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Mike,
Thanks for the advise.
I'm a man of my word, I feel that my dealer friend serviced me very well, He endured many phone calls from me, "where is it". I look at it this way, He completed his end of the sale and earned his margin, even a bit less. Now if I sent it back to him, yes he will fill a back order with it. Although he still looses my sale and the adjacent margin. I just would'nt even know how to approach him to ask.
This is something I have never done in my 41 years.
This is why I asked & received B&K approval, most online sales would become grey market unless you have been provided the original sales slip from an authorized dealer, this would not be an issue here, the buyer will receive the receipt. I also plan to make further upgrades & additions from him in the future as he carries a full line of products,
I would like to conduct these without a tarnished past on my behalf. ;)

Michael_Hml

Stunt Coordinator
Jerry,

Understood... I merely meant that the dealer might actually be eager to take it back to fill that other order.

In any case, $2325 is a good deal for this processor and especially so since you have it in-hand and ready to ship. I've had a Ref50 for a little over a month now and I LOVE it. If I hadn't already had mine, I would jump on this deal.

-Mike

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Donnie,
Check your PM for some contact info.
Yes paypal is fine, I have well over 185 paypal transactions with them,
I have been with paypal from the start.
SOLD to Donnie.
That was close, I was just itching to open that box up to see that silver face :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks