What's new

Help I need some Consumer/Retailer Advice (DVD player related) (1 Viewer)

Zak Solo

Agent
Hi
About 1 year ago I bought a Sony 735 dvd player. It worked brilliantly until about 3 weeks ago. I sent the player back to Techtronics (UK). The player was saying 'No Disc'.
Anyway the player was picked up and 'repaired', I was on holiday when the player was returned. Last sunday evening I returned and popped in a disc. The screen was pink??? Nothing would play except music CD's.
I rang techtronics and told them the player was not working. They told me that because it was now out of warranty I would be charged for any repairs. Surely they had not rectified the fault before they sent the player back to me. Plus I have to pay for sending the player back to them again.
Any suggestions as to next steps would be appreciated. I am at a loss really and have lost all faith in a Company I had a lot of respect for a year ago.
Thanks in anticipation of your help

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Zak,
Was your warranty in effect before you went away 3 weeks ago, and it just fell off of warranty now??
If so, and they didn't fix it, call this place back up and demand a supervisor, or manager, and explain the situation to him...... If they held the Unit for 3 weeks to beat out the warranty, that's against the law..... If they still give you a hard time, I would contact Sony Corporate offices...... Let them know of the Pour service your getting, I'm sure they will care....
Good Luck,
------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 7-26-2001
Send Email: [email protected]

Zak Solo

Agent
Thanks for that.
Techtronics are being completely unreasonable. The player is just out of warranty (maybe 1 week). I was away over that week although the player was returned within the warranty period.
I phoned Sony who were excellent. Apparently any repairs made should have a 3 month warranty cover. Clearly Techtronics do not abide by this. The lady at Sony gave me the name of an authorised repair centre near me and as a gesture of goodwill have said they will carry out the repairs free of charge.
Whilst clearly there are some very reputable on-line traders out there, there are some who do not believe in basic customer service or consumer law.
I just wanted to thank you for your help and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks