What's new

Help! I need advice! (1 Viewer)

JoeWanders

Auditioning
For the last few years, I’ve been using a Pioneer Elite DV-05 player with a Pioneer Elite VSX-07TX receiver, and I’ve been extremely happy. But recently I started having problems with my DVD player. I had it looked at, and it’ll cost around $150 to get it fixed. And for that much money, everyone tells me I should just get a new player.

But the thing is, I paid $700 for this one three years ago (the warranty has expired). And it looks like it’ll cost close to that to get something that’ll give me the same level of performance that I’m used to. At the same time, I’m concerned that if I pay to get my current player fixed, it’ll be just the first of many repairs I’ll need done, and I’ll just end up spending more in the long run.

Can anyone give me some advice? Should I get my current player fixed? Or should I buy a new one? And if I buy a new one, what would you recommend? I’ve been reading up on advances in DVD technology (I’m way behind the times). Progressive scan won’t make a difference with my current TV. I don’t need a multi-disk player. And I rarely use my player to play CDs, so I don’t really care about DVD-Audio, Video CDs, or any of that stuff. I want something that’ll give me at least the same picture and sound quality that I had before, and I’d like something that’s THX certified.

Thanks in advance. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Joe,

Welcome to the forum!

While I can't help you with your question, the one piece of advice I'll give you is to e-mail a moderator and ask to have your thread title changed to something less vague. Everyone on this board is seeking advice. A lot of people who could help you will skip right over this thread because the thread title gives them no clue what it's about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks