1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! I need a screen fast!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Russell Volz, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Russell Volz

Russell Volz Agent

I'm picking up my Panasonic PT-500 projector tomorrow, but have no screen selected. I need a ceiling mounted manual screen. The throw distance will be about 10.5 feet. I'm hoping to get a 90" 16:9 diagonal picture, since I only watch DVDs. I'm only willing to pay $100-$500 for a screen. What screen features should I be looking for? What screen do you recommend that I get and where should I get it? Thanks.

Russell

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Do you have a blank wall thats somewhat close to white?

If you're just wanting to demo the PJ (and not certain you're gonna keep it), to just get a basic idea of it running, a blank white wall usually does fine. Heck, ive had my X1 for about 3 months, i still shoot it on my wall (still thinking of the best way to build a DIY screen)

3. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I'm in the same boat as NickSo, still shooting on wall.

The only screen you can get for that money is a non-tensioned pull-down screen, which will eventually get wavy from being rolled up. For that price range you must either do a DIY screen, or deal with the eventual waves in a non-tensioned screen.