Help! I Just bought a Samsung HLM507W DLP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jimmy_S, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Jimmy_S

Jimmy_S Extra

Nov 22, 2002

I just bought a Samsung HLM507W. It was a little spur of the moment, but I think it's far better than other RPTV.

However, I have now had two of these, the first had two grey circles in the screen, the seconds has a loud high pitched whine.

I have two questions:

1) Do I keep it and let the 's service center fix the whinney one, demand a new one when they are in stock or just cancel the order and have them come get it?

2) If I keep which Proscan DVD player should I get for it, if I send it back what do I replace it with?

Thanks for the Advice.

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Apr 15, 1999
    You might want to check out the AVS Forum regarding the Samsung DLP tvs--lots of threads over there regarding these that might help you decide what to do. There are a lot of folks over there that have these.

As for Progressive scan players, check out the Audio Video Sources section right here at HTF. General consensus seems to be that best bang for buck as far as video quality are Panasonic RP-82 single disc and CP72 multidisc players. Both of these are available for around $200-240.

There are others that do better at DVD-Audio or other audio formats, but they generally cost at least twice as much as the Pannys and don't offer any better picture quality for dvd movies.