What's new

Help I feel like a one legged grass-hopper in a chicken yard! (1 Viewer)

olddog

Agent
Real Name
james
Oh Boy! Have I been shopping! I believe I now understand what Pres. Regan meant when he said "as a boy I sholved all the horse poop in the stable every day because I just knew there had to be a pony there somewhere."
As I am in need of replacing my old but faithful Onkyo TX-DS484 to something more in keeping with today’s times. I have for the last 2 weeks have been reading everything I could find and driving 40 and 60 miles a day to listen and look. This is what I have found so far that seems to fit my needs and I was wondering if someone had any opinions on my choices so far.
Onkyo TX SR875
Dennon 2309 CI
Yamaha RXV 663
I will be driving a pair of Totem Hawks with a surround in a large listening area. I like my music and movies so it’s a 50/50 use.
New Samsung 52" DLP 1080p

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I guess there's a question there somewhere?
Maybe, which receiver would we choose?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Any of those three should serve you well. The Yamaha is probably the cheapest, in price? Some don't like the "bright" sound of Yamaha. You'll just have to see if you like, I guess.
The Onkyo is probably the most bang for the buck. Since you're already familiar with Onkyo, you may be more comfortable with that. Today's Onkyos tend to run kinda hot, so I wouldn't put it in a closed in entertainment center. (I recently got an Onkyo TX-SR805 myself)
Denon makes some very nice equipment. It tends to cost a little more than other equipment, with the same features and power. Denon remotes can be a real headache!

I don't think you'll go wrong with either one of those. I'd pick the one that I felt most comfortable with, and had enough inputs and features I wanted.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks