What's new

Help! I don't know what I'm doing wrong in my setup. (1 Viewer)

oldac3

Grip
Real Name
Ben
Hi all,
I have a Denon AVR-4800 circa 2000 receiver. I've just bought a Panny HDTV and was going to run component to it. Connected two DVD players to the receiver (via DVD and VDP imputs) and then ran monitor out component to the new tv. I can't get the component set up to work. I have brand new cables from Monoprice.
All I can think of is either one or more of the cables aren't good (seems unlikely) or there's something wrong with my receiver.
Can anyone think of anything? Am I making a rookie mistake somewhere? Any Denon owners out there who've run into this?
Any info would be much appreciated.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You may have to go into the Denon's setup menu and "assign" the inputs. That way when you push the "DVD" button it knows to go to the proper Component input and not an s-video or some other input.
oAnd you may have to go into the dvd players menu and choose the correct video output. Many dvd players don't allow video to be sent from component and s-video/composite at the same time. If this is the case you need to hook the dvd players up with an s-video/compsite cable temporarily to view the menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks