Help!!! i can't open my mail

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Rick ricardo, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Rick ricardo

Rick ricardo Auditioning

Anybody ever have a problem with opening their mail? Whenever i click on the link i get a message that say's window's can't open this file. I have no clue why it has started doing this but it's pissing me off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I've noticed a problem recently - the little paper clip showing an attachment is somehow disabled - when I click on it the little drop-down menu is greyed out.

I'm posting this here, because anyone who knows Rick's problem might also know this one.

[​IMG]

Hope you don't mind this Rick, and it'll bump the message up a bit.

BTW, I hate all those settings that we don't even know are set,or how they got changed. [​IMG]

3. Dave Gorman

Dave Gorman Supporting Actor

Rick, how are you accessing your email? You said you're clicking on a link -- is this webmail?

John, what email client and version are you using? Some versions of Outhouse and Outhouse Express have a default "security" setting that pretty much denies all access to attachments.

4. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Dave, its Windows 98 with Outlook Express 6, (just upgraded from some Version 5 about 3 months ago) if that helps, and its only recently that the great number of inaccessible attachments has appeared.

Norton AV occasionally stops e-mail, but I haven't noticed any of that for a few months either?