What's new

Help!!!!! i cant find any sonotubes (1 Viewer)

Hey guys i live in trinidad(third world country)and i cant seem to find any sonotubes can you give me an alternaive to sonotubes.....can pvc or any other round tube like material work....thanks

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
To post the exact same question 5 times in a total of 6 minutes is.... the wrong way to get an answer to your question. This is not a bulletin board. There is a lot of expertise from members that visit the forum, as well as the moderating staff.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Considering this section only gets 5-10 posts per day, I don't think it's too much to ask to allow up to 24 hours to go by in allowing someone to respond.

Actually, if you make it a point to get on people's nerves, they are more than likely not to respond to your cry for help.

Just my .02

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Why are you fixed on using sonotubes? If that material is not available in your country, surely MDF or plywood is. Use materials for your sub that are easy to get your hands on. Using alternatives to try and "simulate" sonotube might result in a very bad sounding sub. Plywood or MDF, on the other hand, are quite proven. Consider using them for your sub cabinet.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
You could try Anderson International Trading, at:

http://www.aitwood.com/catalog_full_..._cylinders.htm

I'm not positive they will ship internationally, but they do ship UPS, so... I imagine shipping could cost a small fortune. The weight won't kill you, just the size, so that's something. The cardboard cylinders I have linked to above are made by Cubicon, and should be superior to Sonotube. As you will see, they have quite a wide range of diameters.

Aaron Gilbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks