Help! How to print 4 pages (front, back, left, right) on 8.5x11 paper!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Farley, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

I'm trying to print out a leaflet, using 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper, using booklet method... could be 10 pages, so a particular page could be pages 4,5, 18,19 or whatever, stapled together. I've tried Quark Express, Adobe InDesign, etc. I haven't found a way to do this yet. Help!

2. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

hello?

3. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Can't you just print the odd pages first? Then turn the paper over, and then print the even pages on the back of the original pages?

4. Tom Moran

Tom Moran Agent

Assuming you have the page setup correct in your printer it may just be tha the printer driver is incapable of "pagination" of the type you describe. Most Mac printer drivers should be able to do this if you have laid the booklet out correctly but I suppose if you are using a PC this may not be the case.

It is also possible you have laid the booklet out incorrectly.

In any event you should probably just lay your leaflet out as double page spreads rather than single pages. In essence manually paginating the booklet by using the page layout application to create pages that look exactly like what you want each piece of paper (not each page) to look like.

Tom

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Nevermind, I thought you were only gonna have 1 page per side of paper..duh.

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i like shawn's idea. [​IMG]
    otherwise your printer has to support "duplex" printing. on most printers that i'm aware of (including my hp5) you'll need some sort of special hardware attachment.
    you could always print normally then take it to kinkos. of course then you have to pay more...

7. JoshR

JoshR Agent