What's new

Help! How to print 4 pages (front, back, left, right) on 8.5x11 paper!!! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I'm trying to print out a leaflet, using 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper, using booklet method... could be 10 pages, so a particular page could be pages 4,5, 18,19 or whatever, stapled together. I've tried Quark Express, Adobe InDesign, etc. I haven't found a way to do this yet. Help!

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Can't you just print the odd pages first? Then turn the paper over, and then print the even pages on the back of the original pages?

Tom Moran

Agent
Assuming you have the page setup correct in your printer it may just be tha the printer driver is incapable of "pagination" of the type you describe. Most Mac printer drivers should be able to do this if you have laid the booklet out correctly but I suppose if you are using a PC this may not be the case.

It is also possible you have laid the booklet out incorrectly.

In any event you should probably just lay your leaflet out as double page spreads rather than single pages. In essence manually paginating the booklet by using the page layout application to create pages that look exactly like what you want each piece of paper (not each page) to look like.

Tom

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i like shawn's idea. :emoji_thumbsup:
otherwise your printer has to support "duplex" printing. on most printers that i'm aware of (including my hp5) you'll need some sort of special hardware attachment.
you could always print normally then take it to kinkos. of course then you have to pay more...

JoshR

Agent
In any event you should probably just lay your leaflet out as double page spreads rather than single pages. In essence manually paginating the booklet
That's probably the way to go. In my experience(I'm a designer) it ends up being the most hassle-free way. Just copy the pages one at a time, reduce 50%, rotate 90 degrees, repeat. And arrange them as printer spreads, so using your example one page will have pages 4 and 19, and when you send that page through to print the other side, you'll want to put 5 and 18 on it.

edit: if you're ever confused about the page numbers, the numbers on any spread should always add up to the same number. 23 in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RinehartMateschitz
Recent bookmarks