1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help! how to display 720p on Mits 65819?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Manuel, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

Here is the deal. I play my X-Box on the big screen (I know it is not good for it but oh well). A lot of the sport games do 720p and my Mits 65819 cannot display it. I do have a Dish 6000 receiver that will read 720p and upconvert to 1080i(don't know if that will make a difference but oh well). Is there anything I can get or a setting that I am missing where I can get the set to display 720p upconverted?

Thanks

2. DuWayne

DuWayne Stunt Coordinator

If I am understanding correctlly...You want o play ESPN NBA 2004 (or such) in 720p mode, but your componet inputs don't support 720p (just 480p and 1080i).

Unless you buy some external box that will allow you to convert 720p to 1080i (that will sit inbetween your xbox and Mit.)....The answer is NO. To tell you the truth, I don't think you would like what you saw after the conversion.

3. John S

John S Producer

Be patient, I'll bet products will start to surface that will do the scale'n for you and the newest products will probably do a very high level scale too.

I watched Jurassic Park III last night from ABC, and as I understand it, they broadcast 720p, so my OTA Tuner must of been scaling it to 1080i, and the results seemed as good as any other 1080i content I have viewed. So I know quality scaling is possible.

4. Rajeev_s

Rajeev_s Stunt Coordinator

I dont think setting the X-box to 480p instead of 720p will look all that bad compared to 720p. You should be ok. Not many CRT RPTVs can display 720p native. They all convert it to 1080i even if they accept it.

5. dan fritzen

dan fritzen Second Unit

I would call it a big difference, usually the 720p gets rid of a lot of jaggies, ie antialiasing.

6. DuWayne

DuWayne Stunt Coordinator

I agree, 720p Games look a lot better. A LOT