What's new

Help! How to best balance speakers using STR-DA5ES? & Other ???s (1 Viewer)

I have video essentials and aria home theater. Which of the two is better for balancing the speakers. Also, when balancing each speaker, do I need to put the 5ES in a speaker balancing mode or do I just simply play the DVD? Also, do I use the volume adjustment to balance each speaker during test tone playback on v.e. or aria? Also, when watching a DVD, is the correct surround mode to be selected on the receiver to be normal if you just want to watch the dolby digital or dts soundtrack on the DVD? Sorry for so many questions, but I want to get it right. Thanks guys/gals!

Tom

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I have always felt VE was great for Sound and Avia was great for Video.

Leave Sony playing the DVD and don't run the test tone.

Once you hve VE running use the level adjustments to set each speakers level to 75db.

Whatever sound mode you prefer to watch movies with just leave that mode on.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Thomas, I prefer Avia. Are your speakers set to small? Avia is desighed with the intent to run front speakers as small. Set volume to 85db on your spl meter(slow weight set to c) and use your levels to equal at your sweet spot.
Make sure your speaker distances are measured. Good luck.
I love my DA5ES.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thomas, on the front panel of the receiver flip down your front door and hit the level button than use the scroll to change the value for each speaker.The same applies when you wont to adjust the Eq ext,just hit whatever button for what you wont to do & scroll through.

Good luck the 5ES is one very flexible receiver,once you get a little familiar with it its pretty easy to get it to do just about whatever you wont.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks