What's new

help: how do you change videotape record speed without VCR remote? (1 Viewer)

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone...

I have a JVC VCR that I want to use to dump something from my TiVo. The VCR defaults to SP for a blank tape, but I want to select LP or EP to record more stuff per tape.

The problem is, I can't find the remote for the VCR, which has a handy "speed" button to toggle between SP, LP, and EP. Anyone know how I can change the speed setting the VCR will record at without the remote?

Help!

Thanks....

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
With any of the VCRs I have, you can only change the recording speed from either the remote or the programming menu.

If you can't get into the menu, then you'll probably need to borrow or buy a cheap VCR replacement remote.

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
thanks, chuck.

yeah, i think i will have to go buy a remote somewhere and hopefully i can access the speed setting that way.

my concern is: i think the lost remote had a "speed" button and i wonder if a replacement/universal remote will let me access that function directly or through a menu....

if a universal remote doesn't work, i will have to buy a JVC remote specifically, but i am sure that is expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks