What's new

Help! How do I access the Service Menu on my Panny CT-32623W? (1 Viewer)

Josh Z

Auditioning
I have a 32” Panasonic TV (Model # CT-32623W) and it’s is getting some distortion towards the top of the screen. JasonRH suggested that I’m seeing the edge of the viewable area, and that I need to correct this by going into the service menu and adjusting the vertical overscan a bit to hide the edges.
Can any one tell me how to access the Service Menu on my model of Panasonic and what I need to do while I’m in there?
Thanks in advance, this is driving me crazy!
Here are the details of what I’m seeing on the screen from an earlier post:
“It is less than 1/8th of an inch wide running the length of the top of the screen. The distortion is mostly white, but it bleeds into moving bit of blue, green, red and yellow.
The strange thing is, it is only visible with broadcast TV (both cable & satellite) NOT while watching DVD, and it is really only visible when the screen is black: Dark scenes, transitions between commercials, letterbox movie and shows with the “black bars”.
I noticed it quite some time ago, but it is becoming increasingly annoying, especially sine more television programs are being broadcast in windscreen/ letterbox.
I don’t think it has anything to do with the shielding of my center channel or L/R channels. The distortion remains when the speakers are removed and, as I said, every thing looks great when watching DVD or other sources. It’s not really like magnetic distortion (I've seen what that can look like) this is more like extra information broadcast at the top.”
Thanks again!

Josh Z

Auditioning
Okay... Nobody seems to know how to access the Panasonic Service menu. How about this:
Does anybody know where I can find information on the Panasonic Service menu? Website? Person to contact? Any kind of lead?
Thanks again!

JasonRH

Second Unit
Josh,
I see you're still having no luck. Try heading over over to hometheaterspot.com and search or post in the 'Panasonic' section. Good luck.

Josh Z

Auditioning
Thanks Andy & Jason. I will try to get into the Serviceman Mode using the steps listed on the calanan.com site.
Once I get into the menu, how do I adjust the vertical overscan to eliminate the distortion at the top of my picture? I don't see a "Vertical Overscan" option, but there is a "Vertical Size", "Vertical Linearity" & "Vertical S Correction".
What do these terms and numbers mean and how do they apply to proper adjustment in my situation?
Once again, THANKS!

JasonRH

Second Unit
Vertical size will do it. Also, vertical position will hide it as well. Vertical size should be something like VSIZ in the menu, and vertical position should be VPOS or something like that. Buttons on your remote should increase and decrease the values. It should only be a couple of number changes. You might also want to record the values before you mess with them so you can return them to the factory presets if you screw things up. Let us know how it works out.

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, the Panasonic service menu values aren't self explanatory such as VPOS or VSIZ. They are hex such as DO1 with no explanation as to what that value does. The service menu is not for the faint of heart!
I'm at work so I can't dig out my service manual to look up that value. Please post back if you can't get it from that site and I'll dig the manual out later and see what I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks