What's new

Help hooking up Wii (1 Viewer)

minsiman

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
So I'm a flat out clueless home theater owner - it came with the house. I'm trying to hook up my Wii, but I'm pretty stumped. The way the theater is set up now is... Sony blu ray player is hooked up to the ceiling mounted Epson projector via HDMI. The blu ray then connects to the receiver via digital video input. There aren't any component inputs on the blu ray and since the receiver doesn't "talk to" the projector I can't figure out how to use the Wii. Can anyone help?! Just to reiterate, I know how to plug in a dvd player and such, but not much more. I'm trying to learn, but I'm fighting the curve of jumping into a dedicated home theater room at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
First, welcome to the Forum, Ryan! Doesn’t sound like you’ll be able to use the Wii the way your system is set up now. If your receiver has a HDMI Monitor Output, you could move the blu ray HDMI cable to the back of the receiver. That way anything hooked up to the receiver via HDMI could “talk to” the projector. Of course, you’d have to install a new HDMI cable between the blu ray and the receiver. However, if the Wii doesn’t have a HDMI output, you’d need a receiver that will convert analog video (composite, S or component) to HDMI. If your receiver doesn’t do that, you’ll to acquire one that does Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks