HELP! Hitachi RPTV "blues"

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Charles C, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Charles C

Charles C Auditioning

Sep 22, 2000
    Last night I left my Hitachi 65XWX20B TV on in my home theater during a party we were having at my house, to demo the incredible HD picture I could receive over the air. However, when I went up afterwards to turn it off, the picture was BLUE. And I'm not talking "blue push" or a slight blue cast to the picture. It was like the only CRT that was working was the blue one.

I quickly checked my video settings, in case someone had mistakenly messed with it, and they were all at the values I had set up with my AVIA disc.

I then went to the convergence menu, assuming the crosshatch pattern would be just blue, but it was normal. All the lines were white. I did a few adjustments to make sure the red and blue guns were working, and they were. But when I went back to video (all inputs and all modes, btw), it was blue again --including the normally white text that shows what input mode you're in, etc.

I then ran the Magic Focus, just to make sure I wasn't crazy. But sure enough, you could clearly see it projecting the red, green and blue CRTs, just like normal. But again, when I went back to video, the picture itself is still just blue!

Any thoughts? Is there a service menu setting I can check to make sure the other guns are "turned on?" I'm freakin' out here.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

Nov 9, 1999
    Gregg Loewen
    in the xxx20B series, the RGBOUTO parameter in the ISF mode turns off and on of the individual color guns. You may want to consider having a service a tech check this for you because if you do you will void the set's warranty.

Best of luck

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002
    If your set is displaying white, then all the guns are on.