HELP! Having trouble with DVD player....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Botvinick, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Michael Botvinick

Michael Botvinick Stunt Coordinator

HELP HELP HELP!!!!
    I just installed my Panasonic RP-82 Dvd player after spending hours running cables in my attic. I can’t get a component video to work. I also can’t get composite to work. But S video works OK. I am connected to my Proxima 9260+ LCD projector. I tried every thing I could think of. My player was made in July of 2002. I know the forum said there were trouble with this model. I bought the player from Fry’s and it will be a pain to return it. Any advice I would really appreciate it. My cables are about 20 feet long. My old Panasonic DVD-A120U, which was NOT Progressive, the Component, s-video and composite works no problem. I checked the menus on both the projector and the dvd player. Please help I am going nuts.
    Thanks,
    Michael
    mbotvinick98@earthlink.net

2. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

Are you connecting between your DVD and projector through your receiver? Maybe your receiver needs to "be told" via the setup menus that you are connecting video via composite or component?

3. Michael Botvinick

Michael Botvinick Stunt Coordinator

My receiver, Outlaw, doesn't have componet switching. Thus the DVD is connected directly to the projector