What's new

Help Greenish Scan lines (1 Viewer)

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so I just got our new HD cable box hooked up through comcast cable and the picture looked great at first but there are some redish/greenish scan lines that you can visually see running across the screen. The Tv has a built in HD decoder I dunno if that has anything to do with it. We used component video cables to hook up the video does anyone have any suggestions?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Odd scan lines are usually interference of some sort. Can be either through the air waves or through the AC power. Not the easiest thing to track down either.

Can also be caused by odd or not so good groundings, I have also seen some surge protected power strips cause this sort of thing as well.

Best of luck with it, I have went mad figure'n these things out for people, but usually eventually nail it.

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks John it was actually a loose comp. cable. It came loose when placing the tv back to its orginal position. I am actually starting a new thread with a more defined problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks