What's new

help getting the most of my equipment (1 Viewer)

leibasm

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
I just recently purchased some high end equip. and was wondering the best way to set it up to receive maximum benefit. First I have : 1) Pioneer Elite 151 plasma TV 2) Pioneer elite Blu-ray 95 3) Pioneer elite receiver VSX 92 and 4) DirecTV HD DVR . I also have 4 hdmi cables. The DirecTv people already have the cable hooked up but I may need to adjust that. Any help would be welcomed.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
That receiver has 3 HDMI ins and 1 HDMI out. So go HDMI out on the Blu-Ray and DVR to HDMI in on the receiver, then HDMI out on the receiver to HDMI in on the TV. Assign the HDMI ins to the proper input component (Blu-ray - i.e. DVD and Cable/Sat) and you are good to go. The TV stays on a single HDMI input and all switching takes place at the receiver.

leibasm

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
Thanks , That sounds good,but when you say "assign" the HDMI ins to the proper input component ,do you mean on the receiver ,the remote or the TV ? Also the cable guys hooked up some component cables from the DirecTV box to the TV, should I take those out ?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

The receiver should allow you to assign HDMI #'s 1, 2 and 3 to a specific name, such as "DVD" or "Cable/Sat". That way, when you switch to "DVD" on the receiver, the input for your Blu-Ray will be chosen.

You should use HDMI from the DVR instead of component. It will make switching easier and you have the inputs for it.

vii

Auditioning
Real Name
Vimal
I've recently brought a new DVD player.In that DVD player there are some problem occurring when we switch on the player.So, help me to solve the problem.

Sreevysh Corp

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks