What's new

Help getting rid of: Explorer brought to you by... (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
My sister had a comcast cable connection with her laptop for the school year. Now she has a "Internet Explorer brought to you by Comcast" thing when you open it up on the top of the window. For instance when I'm at HTF it says "Home Theater Forum - Microsoft Internet Exploere brought to you by Comcast." I'm guessing there is something in the registry about fixing this. Is this right? Or am is she, and me when I'm using her computer, going to always see a comcast ad now, or until some other provider replaces it with her ad.

I think I remember seeing a thread about this, but wasn't able to find it in a search. I think it had something to do with an AOL cd from Target having "America Online brought to you by Target" at the top of the AOL window, which she has as well, now that I look at it. I imagine this is the same problem, but couldn't find the answer.

RandyObert

Agent
In case you would like this already to go for XP,

Right click this link and do a save as.

Window Title

Now you can right click the file and hit "Edit",
Change the "whatever you like" to Whatever you like :) Save the file and double click it. It will ask to add entry to registry. Just say yes.
You can go back and modify the file any time and double click to change your tag line.

And this is my favorite. IE6 only lets you run 2 downloads at a time, What a waste, This file will allow you to change it to whatever YOU feel is best. I run it at 4. There is also a concurrent connection setting here, I run it at 8 for faster page loads. Your mileage may vary on both.

To edit just use a text editor and change the numbers

Same instructions as above

Download Mod

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Thanks alot, I think that it will solve the problem. Except I can't get into her regedit for some reason. It closes automatically on me. So the programs Randy gave might work, whereas I think Jeff's info would work if the computer was working properly.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
thanks Randy, that did the trick. :emoji_thumbsup: Does anyone know how to get rid of the Target ad at the top of AOL?

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
To mirror Shane ...

If you want to get rid of the IE "brought to you by..", then use Mozilla.

(Wow, John! It took you this long to say that?) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks