Help - German Based Retailers?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Nov 24, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help to suggest a German retailer (apart from Amazon.de) that not only ships internationally... but packages items well and uses proper padding!

I want to place an order for several limited ed. boxsets, but everytime I do so through Amazon.de - I receive banged up packages with the interiors squashed and dented. They just toss your products into a box and send it overseas... [​IMG]

Does anyone know of a German retailer that actually puts some thought and care into packaging so that if I place an order for a limited edition boxset... I will receive it intact and new looking condition?

I'd really appreciate any help!

2. Manus

Manus Second Unit

Marco,
    The only one I've actually used is cdwow.de but I've browsed thru quite a few on this list provided by dvdbeaver ( one of the internet's greatest resources). If you tab down the page you can select a country and get a list of several e-tailers with and without english interfaces.

I dont know which I hate more at the moment , Regional Coding or just plain old Sony [​IMG]

~M~

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

[​IMG] Thanks Manus.

How was CDWow.de with packaging and shipping?

4. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

Well if they are the same as their other companies including the UK, they all ship from Hong Kong anyway no matter which one of their companies you use, they are very good.

They ship everything in boxes even single DVDs and CDs. This come in a small thin cardbox just larger than a DVD case with internal bubble wrap lining.
    Boxsets come in larger boxes with bubble wrap and or air pouches.

Their DVD range is quite limited, so you may not find what you are looking for. I am getting my first German release from them the German Frighteners 4 disk SE from them as same price as R1 and UK R2 but you get 4 disks with both the theatrical and directors cut. Upto now I have only bought R1,2 (UK), 3 and 4 stuff. They are very good at having stuff from throughout the world.

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Unfortunately they don't have what I'm looking for.

I think I might just go the Ebay.de route and try to find a seller who speaks English and will ship internationally. I don't want to risk anymore damaged sets. This way I can at least verify the condition of the box prior to shipping and ensure that extra care and effort is put into packaging.

6. Manus

Manus Second Unit

Sounds intriguing Marco [​IMG] That page I mentioned ( without the link though [​IMG] )

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/FAQ.htm

...........about a quarter of the way down. I got 1900 from them and it came in that cardboard box type mentioned above.

Good Luck,
    ~M~

7. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

8. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks a lot guys, I was able to get what I wanted! [​IMG]