Help from fellow UK shoppers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Iain Lambert, May 1, 2002.

1. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Hi guys,
    I'm getting annoyed at both the lack of picture quality from my composite PS2 leads and the fact that I'm running them into the front connections on my TV. So, I'm hunting for an S-Video wire. The official one does exist - I found specs on the Sony website - but I've found neither online store nor local shop that actually stocks any. Has anyone actually seen one available? I'd be just as happy with a third-party one as long as the picture quality is there too, but I've not seen one of those either.
    Between this and Dan's trouble with the X-Box Advanced Scart, I've got to think: What is it with console wires?

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I use a 3rd party one I picked up in HMV in Oxford street, it does the job nicely to be honest. A trip into london may be in order perhaps? What about Amazon UK?

Dan

3. Iain Lambert

London sounds like a good plan, but that involves actually finding the time to do so... Between having to visit just about every relative I know and somehow still squeeze in Episode 2 on the 18th its going to be a push [​IMG]
    Still, hopefully I can get in some shopping before the film. Amazon have a pile of them listed, but its all the '1-2 weeks' or to give it the correct term 'our suppliers tell us they do them, so we might be able to get one at some point'.

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Want me to hunt one down whilst in London this weekend?

Dan

5. Iain Lambert

ooh, thats nice of you. I'd meant to pop in and see you one day during the week anyway, and see what DC and PS2 Rez look like next to each other (you have the PS2, version, don't you?)

6. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I borrowed a friend's DC Rez actually, and have now sadly had to return it. [​IMG] In getting the X-Box I am going to have to sit it where my DC sits, thus boxing up the DC and games under the bed (noooo!) so in that respect I may grab the PS2 version.
    Imagine if it hit the X-Box in 5.1!
    Dan

7. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Went into Toys R Us this morning, managed to find the advanced scart for X-box, but they had no PS2 s-video leads whatsoever. Composite and on RGB cable, that's all the idiots had!

Dan

8. Iain Lambert

Never mind, I'll take the hunt over again. I recieved all three Bleemcast! discs on Friday, and the poor little PS2 is back in 'ignored due to Dreamcast overuse' mode this week - ever since it lost the fight for the RGB Scart inputs to the Dreamcast and Sky, the PS2 looks painfully blurry in comparison.

9. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Dan, glad to hear you are all set with the RGB cable now. I read that you had trouble hunting one down and was about to offer sending you one, since they are readily available here.

10. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Just ordered myself an Advanced Scart from Amazon, they had it listed as shipping within 24hrs so here's hoping!

11. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Bjoern, that was a sweet thought. Thank you.
    Paul, I did see Amazon now have them. That's good, this is the first time they list them as shipping within 24hrs since the consoles launch in March!
    Iain, after the Episode II mess is out the way, you'll have to pop over. It's been ages, and you just know you want to get in on some 5.1 Halo action! [​IMG]
    I've decided just to go for Halo and Jet Set Radio as my first two X-Box purchases. With cube Resident evil due on my doorstep by the week's end I will have enough to keep me busy in the few hours next week when I am not watching Attack of the Clones.
    Dan