1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Help from B&W 600's owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnZ, Nov 8, 2001.

1. JohnZ

JohnZ Agent

There are two pairs of gold plated terminals on the back of each speaker and they are connected by gold plated links. According to the manuals, when you bi-wire, remove these links. Otherwise leave them on. Now I want to do single wire connection, but I lost the links. How should I do the connections? Where can I purchase these links?

2. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

You can just put a short length of insulated speaker wire between the two negative posts and another between the two positive posts. Make sure you don't create a short circuit by letting any of the wires connected to negative terminals touch any wires connected to positive terminals.
    ------------------

3. Jay_E

Jay_E Stunt Coordinator

Use a short piece of good speaker wire to connect the 2 terminals. This works as good or better than the "links". Good luck.
    Jay
    [Edited last by Jay_E on November 08, 2001 at 10:21 PM]

4. JohnZ

JohnZ Agent

Should I just use twisted bare wires to connect binding posts or I need extra banana plugs?

5. LarrySkelly

LarrySkelly Stunt Coordinator

Just strip a bit of insulation off of the end of a short, 6" or so speaker wire, preferably 12 gauge or better. Its actually worse to use banana plugs, as it creates another pair of points where continuity can be interrupted by oxidation, etc. So just use wire.
    ------------------
    Upgrading: 'What if this is as good as it gets?'

6. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Personally I just peeled enough off the end of the cable so I could stretch the exposed wire between the two terminals. I just made sure to fasten them tightly so they couldn't flex and possibly short circuit.
    My LCR6 center came without the gold-plated piece of metal, so I had to improvise.
    ------------------
    /Kimmo

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor