Help for seeing TV and Projector

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jannis, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Jannis

Jannis Auditioning

As I am a newcomer to the Forum and I still have "old" equipments, I would like to ask you to help me in the following situation:

I have a DVD player (Bluesky), a SAT Receiver (LG), a TV (CRT, Philips)and a projector (SONY). I would like to have the opportunity to watch either DVD, or SAT, or TV (as I am doing it normally) not only in the TV screen, but also using the projector.

Up to now I use only the direct connection (RCA cable connecting SAT and projector). The projector has a Video -, S Video -, Audio - and PC connection.

Can you help me?

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

If you are only going to use one (the box TV or the projector) at any given time you can use a switch box connected backwards. One numbered leg goes to each TV, the common goes to your A/V receiver output or to the common of another switch box that selects the source device. They do make switch boxes with composite video (yellow jack), S-video, and 2 channel audio.

If you want to use both TV's at once such as watch two football games, you will need several switch boxes if you don't want to unplug and replug cables for the occasion. Here each TV needs a switch box (connected forwards) and each source device needs a switch box (connected backwards).

Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm