What's new

help for a newbie? (1 Viewer)

BrandonKiley

Auditioning
Hi, first off, thanks for taking the time to read this. I am trying to set up a low end system in my bedroom. I bought a small system yesterday just to check if i could even hook it up before i upgrade to something a bit pricier. We were given a small 20" tv from a bar closing, and when we got it home noticed it is without a/v hookups. We are running a cable connection to it, directly to the tv. I have a modulator for the playstation to hook up, but can i still have the tv play through the home theater system with the modulator?

I'd prefer that route, but if not, would it work if i connected the vcr and used those hook-ups and ran everything through the vcr?

one last ??? if this can't be done, can i buy a subwoofer to connect to our piece by piece surround system in the living room? we have a kenwood receiver, but no speaker plugs assigned for a subwoofer. the one we currently have is self powered, but i am looking to buy one that will plug in.

thanks for any help that can be offered.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
Brandon,

Are you using a cable or satellite box? If so, you can connect the audio out from the box to your receiver. Otherwise, if your TV has no audio out, you can route the cable through a VCR and connect the VCR's audio out to your receiver.

As far as the sub, if your receiver has no pre-out for the sub, then you would need to connect your subwoofer and main (front) speakers in parallel from your receiver and adjust your subwoofer's crossover appropriately.

--Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks