Help finding thread with Kangaroo Jack: Criterion?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tim Ke, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,
    I remember once seeing a thread (not sure if it was in the HTF) with mock Criterion covers, and rolling in laughter at someone's design for a Kangaroo Jack: Criterion Collection cover. Does anyone have the link to that thread? I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong forum, I couldn't find anything using the search function.

2. Chucky P

Chucky P Supporting Actor

Charles Paulsen
  3. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

You had me excited for a minute, Chuck! Thanks, but alas, it doesn't appear to be the one I saw (though it's still a good laugh anyway). Maybe I'm searching the wrong forum?

4. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

The people at Criterion may be Cinema enthusiasts of the highest order, but they are not snobs. They seem to be less daring now, but a few years ago they had a different agenda, with titles like The Beastie Boys Anthology, Fishing With John, General Idi Amin Dada but now, obscure titles like that are rarer. The By Brakhage release was a great surprise for those aware of that great artist and I would like to think that Criterion will throw a few more curveballs like that in the future.

The release doesn't have to be a well-known, arty foreign film or classic Hollywood gem to be in the Criterion Collection.

5. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

Course not - otherwise why would they have released Armageddon?