What's new

Help finding outdoor TV (1 Viewer)

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
I have a friend at work who wants to put a tv out on the patio. He would like to be able to watch games when he is on the patio or in the hot tub. He needs a tv and or a cover to keep it out of the weather. Here in the Northwest it rains quite a bit. Do you know of anything that might be suitable for them.

I sent them to Magnolia Hi-Fi, a local chain store here in town and they thought that they were crazy. I know with the vast majority of people here I will be able to help them out. Thank you.

Jeff

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Well, there are outdoor LED displays used for advertising, but unless your friend's budget is in the $150,000 range...and he has a BIG patio...that won't work. :)
I'd forget about an "outdoor TV" as such. I'd worry about condensation on a TV that was left outdoors, and bugs crawling into the vent openings.
Maybe what he needs is a decent portable stand, like what they use in schools to wheel audio/video equipment around. Then he could store the set inside, near the patio, and wheel it out for the games.
Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks