What's new

Help Finding AM/FM Tuner (1 Viewer)

Maybe someone on the forum can suggest an AM/FM tuner for me. I need a stand alone tuner for a multi-room, multi-source distribution system I am doing. I would like it to be less than $300 and it has to have a remote control. Tuners are getting hard to find these days and I don't know enough about them to know which ones are good and which ones aren't. It doesn't need to be audiophile grade, but it does need to get good reception.
Thanks for any help and advice...
-Wade

Dela Rosa

Auditioning
Try looking at Audio Advisor's website, they've had decent tuners are pretty good prices for sale for quite some time. I think the AMC or the half width Parasound there may be up your ballpark, but if you can spring it, they've got Parasound's TDQ-1600 for around $400.
Yup, those three ARE remote controlled.
Christian

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Wow..that Adcom looks really cool. I checked Onecall and they are still selling them for $1000!
Aaron

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I bould a refurbished HK Citation 23 tuner from www.audioclassics.com from Binghamton, NY and its a pretty decent tuner. What's nice is that it has a fine-tune mode where you can slightly adjust the tuner left or right to slightly get better reception of certain stations that are affected by interference. It's still a digital tuner, but that feature reminds me of the old analog tuners with the dials. I got mine for about $200 or so in very good condition. It's a classic unit when HK was making some very good audio gear.
Jay
------------------
HUGGBEES!
Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
Obscuria.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks