1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Finding AM/FM Tuner

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wade Shapiro, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Wade Shapiro

Wade Shapiro Extra

Maybe someone on the forum can suggest an AM/FM tuner for me. I need a stand alone tuner for a multi-room, multi-source distribution system I am doing. I would like it to be less than $300 and it has to have a remote control. Tuners are getting hard to find these days and I don't know enough about them to know which ones are good and which ones aren't. It doesn't need to be audiophile grade, but it does need to get good reception.
    Thanks for any help and advice...
    -Wade

2. Dela Rosa

Dela Rosa Auditioning

Try looking at Audio Advisor's website, they've had decent tuners are pretty good prices for sale for quite some time. I think the AMC or the half width Parasound there may be up your ballpark, but if you can spring it, they've got Parasound's TDQ-1600 for around $400.
    Yup, those three ARE remote controlled.
    Christian

3. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Wade: check out Ubid for Adcom, Denon and Teac tuners. They also had an occasional refurbed Parasound for sale too.
    I don't know if this tuner has a remote, but it looks interesting. http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=6083690
    God Bless America!!!
    [Edited last by John Morris on November 12, 2001 at 05:54 PM]

4. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Wow..that Adcom looks really cool. I checked Onecall and they are still selling them for $1000!
    Aaron

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I bould a refurbished HK Citation 23 tuner from www.audioclassics.com from Binghamton, NY and its a pretty decent tuner. What's nice is that it has a fine-tune mode where you can slightly adjust the tuner left or right to slightly get better reception of certain stations that are affected by interference. It's still a digital tuner, but that feature reminds me of the old analog tuners with the dials. I got mine for about $200 or so in very good condition. It's a classic unit when HK was making some very good audio gear.
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGGBEES!
    Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
    Obscuria.