Help finding a car adapter for a Panasonic LV-75 portable dvd player?...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by todd s, Mar 6, 2004.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I am going on a long trip and need a power adapter to plug into a cigarette lighter plug for my Panasonic LV-75 portable dvd player. Does anyone know one that will work and is not to expensive.

Thanka!

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Anyone??

3. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

If you can't find what you need, you can always buy a power inverter, which plugs into the cigarette lighter on one end, and has a normal 110 AC plugin on the other. That is what I got for my portable DVD player, since I figured it would be useful for other things too.

4. Ralph B

Ralph B Supporting Actor

I just bought a car adapter on ebay for $6.00 shipped for this same reason. it outputs 1.5 to 12v and does the 9v that I need for my player. dont pay radio shacks $20 price. ebay has tons of them. the guy I bought from has alot!

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I am completely dumb on this subject. Can anyone tell me what I need? Here are the specs:

input ac 100-240v 50/60hz 30w
    output dc 9v 2a

Thanks!

6. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

As mentioned above ... you need an inverter. Costs under $30 and can be had at a walmart or target store.

Plug inverter into cig lighter ... plug DVD player power supply into inverter ... or plug toaster into inverter ... it's that easy.

Regards

7. Ralph B

Ralph B Supporting Actor

you can use a cig lighter adapter which is much cheaper. 2000MaH with 2.0A output will work for you. they are switchable from 1.5-12v and are protected from overload and heat. they come with alot of adapters to fit your unit. seen one at walmart for $14.99 which is a good buy!!!!!!!!!