What's new

Help: Epson 5020 Problem (1 Viewer)

djtech2k

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
DJ
I have an Epson 5020 that is just over 1 year old. It was professionally installed and has not been used very much at all. About a month ago it started having an issue and I need help to resolve it. As of now, when you turn it on it begins to warm up and about when the picture starts to load, the light labeled "temp" lights up and the projector closes up. The lens closes and it sounds like the fans continue to run. I have tried many times and it does the same all the time. I tried resetting the power and removing the air filter but it doesn't change. I have talked to Epson, but the only choice they give me is to uninstall it and send it back. I paid a lot of money to have it installed so I am hesitant to lose all the settings and install that I paid for.

Any ideas on how to fix this thing?

djtech2k

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
DJ
When I removed the dust filter, it was almost spotless. I even left the filter out and tried to power it on, but nothing changed. I have left it unplugged for a few days now and I am going to try it again this weekend, as suggested by someone else. Otherwise, I guess I am a bit screwed and have to take it down and send it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.