What's new

Help! DVP-NS700P (1 Viewer)

David O'Neal

Auditioning
I just bought a DVP-NS700P DVD player and hooked it up to my Toshiba 56H80 via the component inputs. The interlaced signal looked great. I switched the player to progressive and "disaster". The picture color is all messed up, the image is shifted to the right, and worst of all there is a black bar that runs horizontally through the picture. What's going on? The DVD manual does state that the player may no be compatible with some 480P devices. Is that the case here?

David Susilo

Screenwriter
THis is just stories I heard, the Sony player have problems with certain TVs. I personally did not experienced this problem when I was auditioning the player on my TV.
However, OT, I ended up buying Panasonic RP-56. The picture quality is, IMHO, better than the Sony and the price is a lot cheaper too.

I don't know if this will help but if your tv had two sets of component inputs try both, one may be a digital and the other may be analog only, another thing you should check is in the tv menu, see if you can change the input type(ie.RGB or Y, Pr, Pb). I have run into both on different brands of tv's.
Cort

Carl_R

Auditioning
I have the Toshiba TN61X81 (4:3 format) and the DVP-NS700P looks absolutely fabulous on my set. I had one of Toshiba's own Progressive players a few months back and, quite honestly, the Sony NS700 blows it away. Make sure you don't have the leads swapped (i.e., red where the green is supposed to go.. etc.) and be sure to set the DVD player up so it knows what format your television is in (i.e., 4:3, 16:9).
Hope this helps,
Carl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks