What's new

Help! DVD progressive problem. (1 Viewer)

David O'Neal

Auditioning
I posted this earlier, but my message is quickly moving down. Can anyone point me to someone that can help. Below is what I posted before:
I just bought a DVP-NS700P DVD player and hooked it up to my Toshiba 56H80 via the component inputs. The interlaced signal looked great. I switched the player to progressive and "disaster". The picture color is all messed up, the image is shifted to the right, and worst of all there is a black bar that runs horizontally through the picture. What's going on? The DVD manual does state that the player may no be compatible with some 480P devices. Is that the case here?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Uhhhh...just a quick check - does that Toshiba "auto-decode" the signal on the component inputs?
Sometimes you have to go into the TV setup menu and tell it to expect 480p at those jacks. If it's expecting interlace and you feed it progressive...here their be dragons!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Toshiba 56H80 does not need to be configured to receive a 480p signal via the setup menu. It will automatically detect the proper video signal (480i, 480p, 1080i) on each of its two component inputs.
Sorry I cannot help further, David. I did not have the problem you describe on my 56H80 with either of the progressive scan players I've owned -- Toshiba 6200 and Panasonic RP-91. My HDTV set top box, set at 1080i, also works fine on the second component input.
------------------
patriot.gif

My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 5

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
You may need to switch the output in your DVD "set-up" menu.
I.E. there should be an interlaced/progrssive as well as NTSC/PAL, Widescreen/4:3, etc. That should do the trick.
Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks