What's new

Help! DVD player's gone dead (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Yesterday evening I was rearranging my stuff, to accomodate a CD player. In so doing, I completely disconnected my DVD player, a Pioneer DV655 (universal), shifted it, and hooked it up again. After completing all connections, I found that the thing wouldn't power up, i.e. hit the power button, nothing happens.

I've checked and rechecked the power connection, including swapping for another power cord, doesn't work. I've hooked up same power cord from same power socket into my older DVD player (Pioneer DV233K), which worked fine.

Before I throw in the towel and take the player into the shop, any suggestions as to anything I should try checking?

An additional complication is, although the set is pretty new (maybe 2 months), I can't find my purchase receipt so I don't know if Pioneer will give me aggro in honouring the warranty :frowning:

As another aside, the CD player was in the shop, faulty because on powering up it couldn't read any discs. The shop couldn't find anything wrong with it at all, and returned it to me after about 3 weeks of testing (with no fault)-- and they were good enough to waive any charges. Once it was hooked up, again, same problem, it couldn't read any discs. As a last resort, I left it on all night. This morning it played fine. Weird...

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Update: the retailer suggested that I might have blown the fuse. I "cannibalised" the fuse from the older 233 and swapped it for the one in the 655. Still didn't work. Just to double-check, I stuck the fuse originally from the 655 into the 233. The 233 worked fine, so clearly the fuse wasn't blown.

Oh well. The repair shop it is :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks