What's new

Help!- DVD player won't open/close (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
My player inexplicably stopped opening and closing. It tries to open, but won't. I took it apart, but nothing seems to be wrong... should I take this to Best Buy for repairs? Do they have a good track record? Any help would be appreciated! I wonder if it will cost a lot?

DanaA

Screenwriter
Aaron's probably right, but I once experienced a similar problem with a CD changer. What had happened to me was that I accidentally bumped it and the CD had become "slightly" dislodged, somehow preventing the drawer from opening. I gently shook the CD back in place and there have been no problems since. If this might be your situation, it couldn't hurt to try my solution before spending any money.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I had gotten (don't ask!) some fake Christmas snow somehow stuck inside..I took the player apart and fixed it myself..there may still be a little stuck, but it is working...fingers crossed...thanks for the responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks