Help DVD Aficionado out...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_WM, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Just thought I'd share this with everyone since so many of us use DVD Aficionado to organize their collections... Reorganize your collections to help alleviate the load on this wonderful FREE service!

FROM DVD AFICIONADO:

USAGE NOTICE

Our service provider notified us of excess usage on the server we used to keep our pictures. We had to move them to the same server where we have the rest of the site and this may cause slow response times depending on how many people are hitting DVDAF. This would be a good time for you to organize your collections into multiple folders with no more than a couple of hundred titles in each. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is all we can afford at this time.

If your lists show up empty please wait a few minutes and try again. When too many users hit our server your folder may show up empty. It usually happens when Chicken Little goes to one of the big forums and proclaims: The sky is falling! Then we get flooded with hundreds of requests at the same time and we run out of database connections. Don't worry your data is safe. :)

Thanks for your support!

-Ed

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Will do. They've been a great cataloging service for me.

3. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I organized mine by genre. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but actually, I think it's kind of cool. It's neat to look at all the different types of movies I have. I probably could have broken them down even further!

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

It should download the pic files to your computer...that way they don't have to serve them up each time.

5. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

How is DVDAF? I've checked it out once or twice, but I didn't really care for it. I use DVDProfiler and am very happy with it. Does Aficionado hae any advantages? maybe I'll give it another look....

6. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I've always been very happy with it. As for which is better, there are countless threads about it. Most people use more than one system.

7. Jason*C

Jason*C Extra

I love that service. But my collection has yet to grow large enough to start separating the titles.