1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!! Dish TV to 53" looks TERRIBLE!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tony Martin, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Tony Martin

Tony Martin Auditioning

I need help from someone who knows more about this than me! I just purchased a Panasonic 53" HDTV-ready TV (Best Buy - $1299, with $170 in rebates... heck of a deal!). Anyway, when I hook up my Dish PVR 508 to it via composite or S, the image looks absolutely unwatchable. MAJOR pixelization. It's almost like the image has only 64 colors in it or something, colors do not "blend" together as they should, almost like I'm looking thru a mesh screen. Terrible. I hooked up a DVD player thru the same S cable and the image is MUCH better. My wife wants me to return the TV cause she can't stand to watch what's coming out of the Satellite. I need help! The same PVR going composite to a 35" tube looks much sharper than this. Will the quality of the image be compromised this badly by going big-screen? Please help if you can. Thanks!

2. Jimmy vb

Jimmy vb Stunt Coordinator

I returned a mitsubishi 55 inch for similar reasons--only it was cable. Before giving up--I would recommend looking at an external line doubler like the dvdo iscan--or for more money a scaler/doubler. It may not help that much if the picture really is that bad--but sometimes the doublers in the big rptvs stink.