Help! Did I make the right choice?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikePeroni, Sep 18, 2002.

1. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Well, went out and got X-box the other day and have just been getting ripped to no end by my PS2 buddies at work. I have an HD widescreen(Tosh 50h81) and surround sound, and from what I researched, the X-box supports these way better than PS2.
    So far Ive played a few hours of Silent Hill 2 and I love it. That said, I think the controllers are a little bulky, plus, like I said my friends keep saying that the best games are on PS2 and that X-box will die in a year or so...Got one month to return it to C.C. if I want. Anybody else happy/not happy with X-box? Just looking for any opinions... By the way I mostly like to play NHL and Madden football, however I havent been able to compare the two games on PS2/X-box...
    Mike[​IMG]

2. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

I have both, and if I had to give one up, it would be the PS2. My friends and I started playing Halo and 2K3, and in the past couple of weeks two of my friends have gone out and bought the XBox, with another friend getting one soon.

XBox with the HD pack is a much better gaming experience than PS2. I love the fact that I can tell where people are behind and to the side of me when I am playing Halo. PS2 annoyed the heck out of me when Time Crisis 2 didn't work with my high def TV. So much for it being a next generation system (granted, I guess with the GunCon it's more Namco's fault).

I also think XBox live will be great, so that's something to consider.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

4. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Mike;
    If you're enjoying the games you have on the Xbox now, then no, you did not pick the wrong console. Stick to your guns and keep it if you really like it. Who cares what your friends think?

5. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I have little doubt that this has been posted before, but I believe I ruptured something when I first saw these two and you controller comment made me think of them immediately.
    (minor content warning on these, for the easily offended)
    One
    Two
    No offence intended, but pretty darn funny.

6. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys, Im feeling better about it already. Any of you playing on a HD tv? Are the X-box graphics (w/Hi-def pack) considerably better than PS2? I know just from Silent Hill 2 that the 5.1 DD is GREAT!

Mike

7. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

Up to this point, the PS2's software library totally destroys the X-box's, which seems to consist mainly of PS2 ports (this is why you're getting heckled).

However, keep in mind that a number of original titles that take FULL advantage of the system will be hitting shelves in the next few months -- this should level out some of the differences. In addition, MS is sinking 2 billion into software development AND X-box live, so it's doubtful they'll be out of the game anytime soon.

After looking at the screens for Halo 2 and Blinx, I'll be adding an X-box to my existing PS2 and Cube fairly soon.

8. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

9. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

10. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

It depends on your situation. If you just want to play some games and you have nice HT equipment then you absolutely should stick with the Xbox. It is the shit for graphics and sound. If you have tons of free time and you want to use a lot of it for gaming, then you might think about the PS2 because of its massive and ever-growing library of games. Of course, in this scenario, you'd probably want to buy all four next-gen systems [​IMG].
    You won't be dissapointed with your purchase especially after this holiday season.

11. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I bought and xbox at launch. I then went out and got a PS2. I had initially ordered a PS2 at launch but my pre-order got f*cked and I never got it. Actually glad I waited to get it, but now really happy with both.
    To your friends, there's no shame is owning more than one console - there isn't a right answer. I like GTA3 on my PS2, but Halo & Steel Battallion make the XBox worth it (of course, only speculating on Steel Battallion at this point.) [​IMG]

12. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III

The box, cube, and ps2... what's #4?

13. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

14. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

When I got my Xbox some moron in my classes told me all Xboxes overheat and are defective. Best thing is to not mind them and enjoy the games cuz that's what it's all about.

15. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

16. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

also the XBox will have the ONLY online Hockey game in town this year! booya! heh, main reason i'm gettin one this month [​IMG]

17. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

Online hockey will be great, but once FIFA goes online, it will be all over...

November will be great. XBox Live goes, well, live, and most of the cable companies around here (Cox, Comcast) will start carrying high definition signals.

18. Jeff Holton

Jeff Holton Stunt Coordinator

Reasons to own an XBOX... past, present, and future...

Halo
    NCAA 2003
    Splinter Cell

... and as for the controller, go buy a controller-s, it is much smaller.

19. BrianB

BrianB Producer

20. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter