What's new

HELP! Denon 4802, How do I get 6.1/7.1& 2nd zone (1 Viewer)

wayne

Auditioning
Real Name
That is my real name
I have owned my 4802 for about 2.5 years and it has been a good and faithful servant. I'm looking to move to seperates in the near future, (we'll get back to that) but right now I run 5.1 in my theater & i'm running a 2nd zone (in walls) to my livingroom. On the denon the surround (B's) are not being used. How can I do THX-ex or DTS-es 6.1/7.1 in my theater and still run the 2nd zone? I have my manul & I have looked @ the OSD, I cant figure it out. Is it possible?
I am willing to get an AMP because my next move is to separates, but I cant afford to make that jump in one fail swoop now. So i'd be willing to get my amplification section now if it will 1. resolve above issue and drive my speakers better (front/rear B&W 602 s3) (paradigm center) and 2. what amp? please advise. under 2,500. I would like 5 or 7 channels by 200. it has to have @ least 200 wpc. I'm thinking Outlaw, rotel, B&k...

thanks in advance I know the forum can figure this out!

wayne

Auditioning
Real Name
That is my real name
I thought this question would prompt more feedback. While the Denon 4802 is more mature :) I think that many AVR owners may one day run into this issue. Most recievers then and many now dont grant you total control over the amplification section. and w/purchasing outside amplification as a segway to separates I just knew I'd get feedback on the follow up question. Again if you didnt hear me last time. Will I apperciate the difference beteen a 5000.00$ amp and a 2500.00$ amp if they were both 5 x 200wpc?
thanks again.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
According to the manual, the Denon 4802 has

Thus, you'll need a stereo power amplifier to outfit your other room, if you want 7.1 in your theater. The A/B switch is apparently useful if you're experimenting with two different surround formats, each of which specifies a differing optimal location for the "rear surrounds." If you're made of money, you can have four speakers installed, and toggle between the two pairs using the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks