Help- curved blue "ghost" on my Toshiba RPTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AnthonyK, Feb 11, 2002.

1. AnthonyK

AnthonyK Auditioning

I've had a Toshiba TP55H95 for about 2 years and just started noticing this problem. On one portion of the screen, anything white casts a cruved bluish ghost to the left of the image. For example, it there's a vertical white line down the left side of the screen, the top third would have a bluish curved or bowed shadow of the line to the left side.

Is this anything I can fix myself, or is it time to call someone? Thanks

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

This seems like some bad reflection. Because you said it just appeared, it could be the result of opaquing material such as black tape falling off something shiny inside the cabinet.
    You may have to take the screen and front frame off to get a full view of the optics and any foreign objects that don't belong there. If you feel this is too complex a job, servicemen can do this for you.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

3. AnthonyK

AnthonyK Auditioning

Thanks Allan, I appreciate the info. I will probably end up calling someone professional to do it. I'm not ready for such a big step as removing a screen. Besides I probably wouldn't know what to look for anyway....kinda like popping the hood open on my car and looking for the giant on/off switch to fix the noise I'm hearing!