Help creating label/cover for VHS case

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rolando, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Hi guys,

Anyone know of an easy way to create or rather recreate the cover to print and slip into a VHS case much like a DVD case?

See my 6 year old has quite a few VHS movies and while "cleaning up" we realized a few of her movies have no box anymore. somewhere between bringing them to grandma's and other relatives some cases have gone M.I.A.

So I got her some Black cases which does not like. Having daddy's personality [​IMG] she likes displaying the covers and being able to tell them apart.

I wanted to maybe download some covers and try to adapt them to the VHS case.

THESE ARE NOT FOR COPIES OR BOOTLEG OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. If moderator's deem this inappropriate go ahead and move or delete.

All I want is to "replace" the cases for ORIGINAL" movies she already has.

I could have sworn I had at some point a "label maker" of some kind that had templates li CD Stomper or something like that for VHS cover. All I needed was to paste artwork and presto but no clue where I saw it.

Would not mind finding something that will help me make labels for tapes themselves to for our home movies and especially to label the wedding transfer with something nice.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I believe that there are "Label" makers available, but I could not tell you where to look. I simply don't know. If you have a liitle artistic talent you might download some covers from Dvdcoverart.com & try to adapt them to the the tape holder size, that is assuming that covers for these tapes of yours are available at DVDCA.com. Some tape holders have the capacity to hold paper art. Do yours have this capacity? It would be easier if they did.

3. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Yes, they are black case that can hold paper art. plastic sleeve just like the one on amaray DVD cases.

downloaded cxp_pro.exe but have no clue how to use it.

been trying to look up other templates but nothing.

I guess no one here makes or uses VHS covers anymore right?

To tell you the truth have been trying to weed them out of my house but my daughter has quite a few, some not on DVD and others we have on DVD but the VHS she can put on by herself. Mommy and Daddy are the only ones that can put on DVDs.

So anyone else have any help to offer?

4. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie

Stephen J. Hill
    What do you have? I have a scanner and could probably scan some titles and send the files to you, if you have MSN Messenger or Yahoo! Messenger.

5. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Wow, you are kidding!

That would be super kind of you dude. You have VHS case you can scan or DVDs?

either is fine.

I guess I can send you a list and if you have some stuff it would be appreciated. you can e-mail me your address or I could PM you.

Basicially I am looking for:
    Supergirl
    Finding Nemo
    Sleeping Beauty
    Peter pan (Disney)
    Mulan
    Star Wars Trilogy (not the SE)

Wow, this is why I love the HTF. Always have people willing to help.

Thanks again man.

6. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    All of those are available on DVD. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy an extra copy for her, so she doesn't scratch up the pristine copies? Or get a DVD burner and make copies? Also, they do have a dvd player that you insert a disc and it starts playing, no menus, no forced trailers or anything like that.

[Edit]Ok, so Star Wars isn't out...yet.

7. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

yeah thought about buying her her own DVD copy. Wife thinks I am too obsessed.

Alternative is replacing the covers of the VHS she has. Yes I could make copies for her but she is as picky as her old man, she wants cases [​IMG]

So even if my conscience let me made copies on VHS or DVD for her I would still need to make covers for her.

Ah yes, I have created a 6 year old collecting monster! [​IMG]

8. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie

Stephen J. Hill
    I can do DVD scans for Supergirl, Finding Nemo, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan and Mulan. I have the Faces widescreen edition of The Star Wars Trilogy. Give me a couple of days and then PM me with your Yahoo! or MSN Messenger ID.