What's new

Help connecting, Vaio PC to Sony TV, S-video? (1 Viewer)

LindaSilka

Auditioning
Hello,

I found this site by luck, and have no sleep from last night checking out the whole layout, wow this site is big. My problem follows:

I have the Sony KP-61HS30 TV, on the back it has a place where I would think, the connection from the PC will be going. It has a S-Video, then under that has a Video and L/R Audio connections.
The Vaio is a 2.5GHz P4, 512MB PC-2100 DDR, 64MB Nvidia
GeForce4 MK 440. On the back has a S-video (out) and in the front has a S-video with video and L/R Audio (input).

I'm not a wiz when it comes to this, but I do know somethings. I thought I would hook up a S-video cable from the (out) on the PC and connect it to the back of TV. When I switched the TV to Video 1, nothing shows. I do not know what I'm doing wrong, or if I have the correct setup, cables, or whatnot. Please if anyone coujld just lend a hand or two, it would be of great help. I'm trying to get the kids to do some work on the TV, and Hubby is not to PC friendly...thanks a bunch

Linda Silka

LindaSilka

Auditioning
Wow...I posted this question over at AVS Forum, and they had some idea's. I dont know if the questions I'm asking is such a newbie question, and thus no reply's, or is the question not explained well enough?

I thought that connecting a PC to TV, in this forum would be a pretty sure bet to finding someone who has done something similar. Please some one, lend a hand, or idea as too why this nis not working for me. The only settings I can think of would be the adapter. I went to the adapter, and there is a "list all modes" button. It list the following:

800 by 600, True Color 32 bit 75 Hertz
" " " " " " " " " " " " 85 Hertz, then
1024 by 768 True Color 32 bit 60 Hertz
" " " " " " " " " " " " " 70 " "
" " " " " " " " " " " " 72 " "

It list a alot of setting to choose from, nothing saying S-video....I dont knopw what to do, my kids are starting to become uninterested...and I thought I finally was able to get them to stay on a PC...please if anyone could just get me started, I will do the rest. Thanks for all the help in advance

Linda Silka

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
You need to do two things to test this out. First make sure that the TV is on and the S-Video is connected to the PC before you boot the PC. Some video cards need to see the connection there before they boot. Second go under the dispaly settings advanced and make sure that the TV Out is enabled. Sometimes you have to manually enable it the first time.

Without more information this is the best I can do.

Laters,
Jeff

LindaSilka

Auditioning
Well, as it turns out...the video card that is mentioned above as told to me from the Sony tech, all ports ( In, Out )are for a progam called " Giga Pocket ". When I switch the TV to video 3 and open the program " Giga Pocket " I can see what is on the PC, thru the TV.
I asked the Tech if I can disable, or remove the program " Giga Pocket ", would this free up the S-video, and he said "no". I know sometimes Tech's do not know that much, and tried not to get to disappointed. He said I would have to buy another Video card, to make what I want, and you all have, to happen.
I am happy to know that I can atleast display what is on the PC, on the TV. There has to be a way for this to work, I dont see how Sony would make this PC and install a Video card, that is only made to work for this program. Please help me come up with some way to make this work. We now know it can display, but how?
Sony will not help, please give me some idea's on what to try.

Linda Silka

LindaSilka

Auditioning
Hello,
I want to first thank everyone for helping, and not getting nasty with me. Well, I went to the Home Page for Nvidia and downloaded the following:

30.82_PC_GF2-3_Win2KXP.exe - Product Name "Personal Cinema" 44.03_win2kxp_international.exe - Product Name "NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers"
nForce_2.03_WinXP_english.exe - Product Name "NVIDIA Windows XP nForce Drivers"
NVIDIA_NVDVD_2.55_Trial_English.exe - Product Name "NVIDIA NVDVD" NVIDIA_WDM_1.22.exe - Product Name "NVIDIA WDM Drivers"
Stereo_30.87.exe - Product Name "NVIDIA Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP Stereo Drivers"

I put them all in the my documents, and installed each one. After doing this I noticed that I had more options to play around with. When I right click on the desktop, it brings up a menu, I first clicked on "nView Properties", this opened a window called in the title bar "nView Desktop Manager", The tabs listed to click on are as followed: Info, Profiles, Windows, Applications, Desktops, User Interface, Efftects, Zoom, Hot Keys, Tools.

The tab I thought would be usefull was: Desktops, which only lets you add the name of another look for that display, NOT letting you add a NEW monitor.

Right click again on desktop, and click the next option "NVKeystone". Which from what I can tell, is just a program to adjust the center of "Pic".

In the Taskbar, is a icon called "Nvidia Media Center", clicking on this would bring up a list of options, Performance + Quality, Custom color settings, Rotation, nView desktop manager, adjust display properties. After going to all the options for what is listed above, I found nothing that would make this work.

I dont know what I'm doing incorrect. I know that has to be a way for this to make possible, just still need some more advice on what to try. I also uninstalled Giga pocket, and still nothing.

Help, please dont give up on us....

Linda Silka

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Linda

Everything seems easier than it is.
I am not sure about Giga pocket ...I have a sony computer too and 'pico player' is inside the giga pocket folder. I could never get a good explanationof what it does.
Try
http://www.comprousa.com/support/howto/verifying.htm
I have my Tv and computer monitor hooked up at the sametime
I also have a wireless keyboard/mouse which works pretty well
I have mine in 'clone' mode to do this
I have MGI video wave 4 on my which allows you to run video into the computer and record it. Got the video workng but not the audio.
Dont feel bad, Linda I am an Electrical Engineer and I have a hard time. They take a lot of time and nothing is easy

Here is a couple of other sites that might help
I am not an expert but nobody else seems to be helping you. feel free to email me if you get stuck
Good Luck!

the sony support site for your computer might have a fix
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/89899.php

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks