help (confused)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by kidnuclear, Jul 26, 2006.

1. kidnuclear

kidnuclear Auditioning

hi
    I'm new to this & i need help
    ok i want to get a surround speaker system for my computer & consoles for games & a couple of movies. here is the question i see the systems that come with five sat.s & a subwoofer that has a biult-in amplifier so will that do or i need something else to enjoy true surround
    thank u all,
    zak

2. MaxL

MaxL Supporting Actor

all but the truly worst or truly broken speakers make sound. put 5 of them around you and call it surround sound. for it to be true surround something will have to decode the surround signal. your computer's sound card might do that. the logitech thx speaker system can definitely do it too (for the $ probably your best bet, decoder, decent power, multiple inputs). the tricky question is how you define enjoy. for some, the logitech is an enlightening, see the world for the first time, kind of experience. for others it lacks power and authority. factors like the size of your room and intended listening levels will play a big factor in the quality of sound you can get from any given system. ultimately the biggest factor in your enjoyment is your expectations going in.