What's new

Help Chosing a Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Chris Hay

Auditioning
I am currently looking at the Ruark Log-Rhythm, or REL Strata III, or something from M&K. These are at my price range. Does anybody have experience with the Ruark or the others? Can you recommend the Ruark or something in the price range or less expensive but the same quality?
thanks

Phuong

Stunt Coordinator
Dr. Hsu demonstrated his VTF-3 on Tuesday for me and the subwoofer is absolutely awesome. In Maximum Output mode, it easily outgunned the VTF-2, an already spectacular subwoofer in its own right. I wound up buying the VTF-2, but I could see myself with a VTF-3 in the future when I have a place big enough to justify the purchase of that beast. Hsu is supposed to be releasing a rosewood version of the VTF-3 next year, which is definitely an improvement over the current blacktop finish. But sonically, the VTF-3 is the best sub I've ever heard. When it comes to deep, deep bass, it's hard to nitpick between subs. You can't really hear the deep bass as much as know it's there because objects rattle at 20 Hz.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
If a Rel is in your price range, you would be wise to check out the offerings from ACI, specifically the Titan II LE. There are a lot of former Rel owners out there who thinks this sub sounds just as good if not better than the much higher priced Rel. ACI has a devoted following here and you will get much feedback if you ask. www.audioc.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks