What's new

Help choosing first LCD TV (1 Viewer)

jimmyray447

Auditioning
Real Name
james
hello, new to the forum my brother recommended the site saying you are very good and experts at what you do. so i'm looking for a 26" LCD tv after spending a while researching I'm still confused with to compare. I'm looking for a 26" LCD tv that also has a pc input (for doing programming and design work when needed) and a few audio/video inputs. I was leaning towards this Toshiba one from bestbuy (Toshiba - 26" 720p Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - 26AV502U) when my brother told me to try this site. I'd like to stay around the same price ($400 or lower if possible). I'm asking what you think are good 26" tv's for the price and what you would recommend. Thank you in advance.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
First welcome to the forum and you came to the right place for help. This weekend is a good weekend to buy because of the sale. Now here's the tip, because of the fact you are getting a 26inch panel, you would probably be better off looking at them yourself. What's in the eye of the beholder is strictly subjective, therefore what ever is pleasing to you even if you are not familiar with HT. Personally I have a love for Sony, then Samsung. But I pretty sure the Toshiba at that price will do you just fine especially if it's easier on your pockets.

jimmyray447

Auditioning
Real Name
james
Thank you, thats what i am going to do is shop around at a few stores and see which one i like the best. Are there any brands you recommend or ones i should stay away from? thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation496
Recent bookmarks