What's new

Help: CAT cables vs Pure Silver Sound (1 Viewer)

John McGee

Auditioning
Has anybody done any comparisons between the Silvercats from CAT cables, Link Removed or the Quartets from Pure Silver Sound, www.puresilversound.com and what would your recommendation be? These would be used to run between a preamp and monoblock amps.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I haven't used cables from either manufacturer, but if you don't get replies here, you ought to post your question on the Cable Asylum on Audio Asylum. Here is the link:
http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/tv.pl?forum=cables
I've seen these cables discussed there in the past. In fact, you might do a search on the site to see what others have said. In viewing both manufacturers web sites, they seem to have well-constructed products at good prices. I am particularly interested in Pure Silver Sound's integrated amp jumper cables (link between the pre-outs and main-ins on the back of the integrated amp). They look to be of very high quality. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

JerryW

Supporting Actor
I can help a bit. I have a pair of Silvercats and a Blackcat digital interconnect and all I can say is that they are simply awesome. It's really unbelievable the amount of quality and value you get from their products. I can't recommend them highly enough.
EDIT (just had to add this little part in):
Wow, look at the price differences...
Puresilversound -
PSS QuartetTM (0.5 meter pair) - $129.90
Catcables -
SilvercatsTM (0.5 meter pair) - $79.99 (coupon for additional $10 off is available in the bargains section here on HTF)
Considering the fact that both products seem to be almost identical (high quality locking RCAs, braided pure silver wire, WBT silver solder, TFE dielectric, etc), it's not difficult to see where the better value is.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."
[Edited last by JerryW on September 25, 2001 at 09:03 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks