Help, can't view my digital camera (Canon G3) through my HK525 (video-4).

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John Pine, Oct 23, 2003.

1. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    Ok, I connected the video out (RCA) from the G3 to the Video 4 input and mono sound to L input. I went into the "Input/Output" menu and confirmed that Video 4 is set for input, hence the "green LED". I even changed it to output (red) and back. Strangely, all I get is a black screen when selecting Video 4, instead of the blue screen I normally get when there is no signal. I know it's not the camera or TV because after messing with it for about half an hour I gave up and plugged the G3 directly into the TV and it worked like a charm. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with my new 525?

2. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    F.Y.I....I found the problem! I was using the RCA video in that came with camera but using only an S-video connection to the TV. The 525 only allows RCA in/ RCA out or S-video in/ S-video out for the Video 4 input. Makes sense, but it would have been nice if the manual had mentioned that limitation. I love my new 525 but the manual SUX! If my camera had an S-video connection this issue would not have come up. Instead of buying an adapter, I just ran another RCA from the 525(video out) to Video 2 on my TV. Problem solved!